Why Add Affiliates To Your Blog For Income?
Disclosure: I am compensated for purchases/sign-ups made via the referral links in this post. See Disclosures
If you have a blog, why not produce a nice income from it with affiliates and referrals? That is the statement I have read over and over again on the multiple blog sites I visit daily. When I first decided to start a blog, making an income from it wasn’t something I had considered. I just wanted to give information to my followers about building a homestead and creating a healthy organic environment while living a sustainable life.
I began to look more closely at some of my favorite blogger’s websites and sure enough there was one word that kept popping up over and over again…Affiliates. I had no idea what an “affiliate” was and began an intense Internet search related to adding affiliates to your blog. Wow! Who knew that you can write a blog on topics you love and actually make a few bucks doing so! So here is my disclaimer (which I learned you had to place if you are advertising or placing affiliates on your website) This site may contain affiliate links, please see my Disclosure and Policy page for further information.
There are numerous sites that will pay you to refer their site to their readers and will provide you with a referral link that is uniquely yours. This method can increase your income and you have to do nothing except add a link to your social media site or add to your blog post! The more I continue my search about affiliates the more I will recommend to my readers for trusted brands that I use and know work well for me (below are just a few affiliates and referral links that I trust)
There are many different ways to promote your website and earn an income.
1.Place Banner Ads on your Blog sidebar. Choose the most colorful and eye catching banner you can find to draw attention to your visitors.
2. You can write product reviews on your blog. Find a favorite product, contact the company and let them know you love their product, that you have a blog and that you would like to promote that product. Occasionally the company will give you the product free and sometimes they will even pay you for the product review.
3. You can place a “Favorite Affiliate” or” Favorite Resources” site on your Blog like I have above and add all your affiliate links under that to direct your viewers to products you trust.
4. Add text links to your blog from your trusted affiliate sites so that when the viewer clicks on the link and purchases a product, you will earn a small commission with each click.
5. Choose affiliates and banner ads that work well with your niche and with the visitors coming to your site. If your niche and most blogs are about “How to be a Dog Handler” and your banner ads are for chicken coops and electronics, then it is most likely your visitors will not be clicking on any links.
The next step for me, after actually finding out what affiliates meant, was to go to the websites of only products I trust to see if they had affiliate programs. Low and behold, most of them did!. So as I continue to build this website you will see at the top of my page some trusted affiliate links on products I trust and products I have no problem letting my followers know about. Some of the links are also for referrals to sites I use everyday and have actually did extremely well at. I will list them below and you can check them out yourself to see if they are for you or not.
- Swagbucks– This is a very popular site that you should at least visit and check out. I use Swagbucks Every Single Day! I cannot count how many Amazon or Walmart gift cards I have earned on this site and just for doing searches. You can also shop, watch videos and listen to music and earn points to redeem for a lot of different gift cards. I love this site. This is my favorite site by far and I will gladly ask my followers to check it out.
- Bluehost-and WordPress- If you are thinking about starting a blog, then you should use Bluehost to host your website. The navigation is easy to use and yes, it is probably the best priced out there! Not only that, there affiliate program pays you very well when some clicks on your referral link and joins the program. You do not have to do anything except add the referral link to your blog and Bluehost does the rest.
- Ibotta– This is an App that I use constantly and have saved a lot of money with while I do my shopping. This is another tried, tested and true product that I can comfortably endorse. And they are out of Colorado, which, of course, is a plus in my book! This app is so easy to use, that even I can do it. The savings you get goes directly into your paypal or Vimo account to use as you wish. It works. I love it! The referral payout is about $5 for each referral that clicks your link, which is small, but does add up quickly. I would use this app even if it didn’t pay for referrals. It saves me a lot of money and is easy to use. Works for me!
- Ebates– Who does not like Ebates! Shop, Save and also earn! Ebates income can really add up if you place a referral link on your blog. Who doesn’t like cash back on items you purchase? I love this site. It is a fun site, pays you cash back and they have TONS of stores you can shop at! What’s not to like. Another affiliate that is very easy to use and they do all the work for you. All you have to do is spend the money you earn from them!
- ShareASale – This is the go to site for signing up with affiliate links from brands you trust. It has a list of numerous merchants that you can choose, one click sign up and done! Probably one of the best affiliate sites out there!
- Epantry– ( Now called Grove.co)Top site for selling all natural, organic products for all your household needs, such as cleaning supplies, hair care, lotions, dish detergents. Go green and shop at Epantry!(Grove.co) When you refer a friend and they sign up you get $10 and your friend gets $10!
- Last but not least…drum roll please…Amazon! I LIVE on Amazon. It is just an added bonus for me that it has an amazing affiliate program to go along with it. As you can see at the top of my website I have dedicated a whole area just for Amazon. If you are going to add any affiliate links to your blog..add this one! I can click on the products I want my followers to try. I pick brands, books and products I trust, know work and that I love. The whole page is dedicated to the products I would like my followers to learn about, educate themselves about and if they click the link I have provided for them and buy the product then I get a small percentage of the sale. Easy! Simple! They do all the work for you! And the best part is, while I shop on Amazon, I am earning Swagbucks points!
Now, as you begin building your website and creating wonderful topics for your followers, YES, you CAN also make an incoming doing so! Do your research on referral programs and affiliates very carefully and only offer your followers brands and products that work for you and that you trust. As I continue building my blog topics I will also be adding more affiliates and referrals to my site that I want my followers to check out or try. Have fun with it and make $$$ while doing so!